The Netball action is fast and furious at Box Hill Indoor Sports, and we now introduce our new 8 week 'ACTION FAST 5s CUP' on a Friday night starting NOVEMBER 24th. With a new format and rules, the new version is fun and fast for both boys and girls.
Combining all the basic rules and skills of the traditional game with modifications designed to get everybody involved, it is a great game for anyone looking to improve their fitness in a fun and exciting team environment.
This is an 8 week tournament for teams from Under 10 to Under 18 level, with teams consisting of 5 players plus substitutes. A new and exciting adaptation of the game, 5-a-side Netball at Box Hill Indoor Sports is similar to the format recently seen in the Fast 5 Netball World Series. Unique rules include:
- No Wing Attack (WA) or Wing Defence (WD)
- Goal Attack (GA) and Goal Shooter (GS) can shoot from outside the goal circle for a 2 point goal
- Centre (C) can also shoot from outside the goal circle for a 2 point goal
- A ‘Power Play’ quarter whereby goals scored by a team count as double
We will be conducting practice games on Friday November 17th for teams to trial the concept. Games will then be conducted on the following dates: November 24, December 1, 8, 15, 22, February 2, 9, 16 and finals on February 23.
COSTS & GAME TIMES
Action Junior Netball 5-a-side competitions run on a Friday.
|SEASON REGISTRATION FEES:||$100 per player per season (inc. GST)|
Included in the above fee
|FRIDAY (UNDER 10 - 18):||4.25pm||5.00pm||5.35pm||6.10pm||6.45pm||7.20pm||7.55pm||8.30pm|
ActIon is all about enjoying yourselves socially. Here are some tips on getting a team together:
- Don't try and gather an entire team before you register.
- Get interest from 3 or 4 friends & register for a trial game, this sets a date to get started.
- Encourage your friends to each recruit 1 or 2 of their friends for the trial game.
- Don't have enough players? We can help you source players from our database
- When you have played together under trial/beginner conditions you'll soon discover how much fun it is and the only problem you'll have is cutting back the numbers